eTAP Training in the South & Chatham Islands
eTAP is the most widely used SMS for Primary and Intermediate schools in New Zealand. I have been privileged to work with about 150 schools as the eTAP trainer in the South and Chatham Islands since early 2016, first through Bridging the Gap and then, when the company changed focus, directly as a contractor to eTAP from the start of 2018.
Because I have recently been both a classroom teacher and in school management, I know what schools need. My goal is to empower schools to use eTAP in a way that is meaningful, saving time and using data to strengthen teaching and learning.
I conduct training in person and online. Get in touch to discuss your training needs. If your school is currently using another system, I am also happy to offer a free, no-obligation demonstration of eTAP to you so you can see why so many schools choose to use it.
What could I use help with in eTAP?
Spotlight - BRAND NEW!
- A new way to manage student learning
- Assign and push learning intentions to students
- Students manage their own learning using the new student learning space
- Students can upload evidence, create goals and see their learning progress
- Create workshops, assign students, manage outcomes between teachers
- Comment on and highlight learning progress
- Easily identify and target priority learners
- Automatically generate parent reports
- Instantly share learning with parents through the parent app and portal
- Already a part of your eTAP subscription
Find out more about Spotlight through this PDF from eTAP.
If you are interested in a demonstration of this exciting new tool, let me know.
- Streamlining Assessment to make it easier to track progress over time
- Easy reporting to parents and Board
- Identifying target students easily
- Holistic view of students with Assessment, Guidance, Attendance and teacher notes in one place
- Tips and tricks for Administrators
2018 Training Charges
I come to your school or a meeting place of your choice for $120+GST an hour. During this time, I am happy to meet with individuals, small groups and take whole staff meetings, whatever works best for your school. It is best to work with a large or projected screen if with groups.
Schools within a 35 minute drive of Greymouth do not incur a travel charge.
All other South Island schools are charged a one-off $100+GST per training to help me cover travel and accommodation while in the area.
(Schools using free voucher hours from eTAP are not charged for travel.)
For more flexibility in meeting dates and to help the budget, consider online training for only $80+GST an hour. We 'meet' in a platform where we can see and hear each other, as well as sharing our computer screens. I have trained many schools online and it works well - just like the real thing!
As a Student Management System eTAP continue to enhance their capability and functionality. Time is often in short supply and the opportunity to have Shirley provide a tailored, responsive session was absolutely invaluable - she guides the user to grow their knowledge of the system in a variety of areas that are hugely beneficial. I can't thank her enough.
- Anna Rowe-Dean, Otatara School, November 2017